Tuesday, 29 November 2011

compost dyeing for 'Transient Home' Installation

state of the desk this week
This week has been mainly spent slaving over a hot computer untill eventually i couldn't take anymore and had to throw some paint around. it was fun and created a nice substrate for some screen printing. this is what I have been working on in photoshop to convert images in to things that can be transfered to a screen and images i want to use for printing on to silk to nuno on to felt

image taken from tile
image taken from bottle of wine 
The cloth after being wrapped and left in a warm place for 3 weeks

prefelt unwrapped before the leaves have been removed

I wraped this round tin cans you can see the lines that the can has left on the felt. It will be interesting to see how it comes out after being felted.

I took some leaves from the clients garden to Dye the fabric for my installation and wrapped them about 3 weeks ago and this is the result. i am really pleased with them and have wrapped another 4m of cloth. I took loads of photos as I unwrapped it as the leaves are still so beautiful. I have pressed most of them and intend to use them in future work.

As we unwrapped the piece.

these make great images in them selves, no doubt I will be using these in a college too......

No comments:

Post a Comment